Skincare Confessions

Wednesday, March 30, 2016


Because "Cleanse, Tone, Moisturise" is permanently instilled in my brain.

I have particularly average skin. It can be mostly dry, but sometimes oily in the t zone. I get blackheads across my nose and spots every now and then across my cheeks. But overall, it isn't bad.

Which is probably why I'm so lazy when it comes to skincare. Most of the time my complaints can easily be covered with makeup. But there are definitely a lot of terrible skincare habits I have slipped into.

I was always a makeup remover wipe kind of girl but I have swapped to micellar water in the past year, which is something I am reasonably pleased with. But that is probably my only saviour. Anyway, here are my worst skincare habits and what I've done to change them.

1. I take my makeup off every night.... almost.

Okay, I always take makeup off on a night and I'm really quite strict about it. UNLESS it is 3am and I've been out and can barely walk straight, let alone spend 5 minutes dripping water onto cotton pads to take my face off. Nope, I'll just wait until the morning.

2. Post gym-face.

I always go bare-faced for the gym however I will guaranteed forget to wash my face straight after working out.

3. Single cleansing.

One cleanse is enough effort, let alone this double cleansing trend!

Anyway

I was given these Lush goodies for my birthday in the hope of getting into a fully fledged routine. They must be good too because, well, Lush is all natural, and natural = good.

1 month in and I'm definitely seeing the results. Breakouts are rare now (touch wood) and the moisturiser is so good, really cooling and it is great for night and day. The Ultrabland has a horrid beeswax smell but it removes every last drop of makeup, so I can't complain. I don't really know what makes a great toner, but this one definitely freshens my face up and I really enjoy using it.

Sticking to the routine is definitely making a huge difference, and while I'm probably still going to sleep in my night out makeup every now and then, having these products on hand actually makes me want to cleanse, tone and moisturise regimentally. Seeing the effects makes it all worthwhile.

What are your skincare confessions?

You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. I used to be a constant spot picker, which as we all know only makes them worse! I've also really got into a proper skincare routine the past few months and it really does make all the difference. I've started really enjoying it as well, it feels so relaxing at the end of the day.

    Faye x
    i wish i could wink

    ReplyDelete
  2. No joke we have the exact same product routine apart from the moisturiser, which I've been in he market for so may need to check out! I used to be so bad at taking off my makeup at night, especially after late night out haha X
    Http://www.britishmermaid.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment!

Subscribe