Five Guys Burgers and Fries

Tuesday, April 19, 2016


It is the restaurant opening we've all been waiting for; Five Guys at intu MetroCentre.

Ever since sampling one of their famous burgers at Glasgow last year, I've been eagerly anticipating the North East opening. Finally that day arrived and I went as soon as I could with Kieran, my sister Katie and her boyfriend Johnny.




So, onto the food. They basically only do burgers and hot dogs, then you then get to choose what toppings you’d like, which means there are no McDonald’s moments where someone inevitably has to pick the gherkin out. I ordered a bacon cheeseburger and piled on the toppings – lettuce, pickles, peppers, mushrooms, onions, mustard and ketchup. I also ordered a large drink (which is refillable, so very good value) and large fries to share with Kieran. It is a bit more expensive than the typical fast food place, but the quality and freshness makes up for this.

In honesty, this was one of the greatest burgers I have ever had in my life. The patty was perfectly juicy, and cooked nice and brown all the way through. The cheese melted perfectly in with the bacon, which was actually dark and crispy for a welcome change. Also, the veg was piled on! Mountains of gherkins compared to the measly one slice you get elsewhere. It was so filling, too.


I even have to rave about the drinks and fries. There are options of over 100 drinks. They even had lemon Fanta, my absolute favourite. And the fries were just amazing, perfectly chunky and salty. One large portion was more than enough for two people.

Five Guys is a welcome addition to the MetroCentre and I can't wait to go back (and put myself into another carb coma).


You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Ah I love Five Guys! Their milkshakes are to die for xx
    www.britishmermaid.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment!

Subscribe