Embroidered Denim

Friday, June 10, 2016


Summer's latest update on the humble pair of jeans? Add embroidery.

When I first heard about the whole embroidered denim trend, I have to admit I was dubious. When I was really young I adored embroidered jeans (shoutout to the pair with a turtle embroidered on the bum pocket - so cool) but I couldn't imagine them ever looking particularly 'fashionable'.

And then these Topshop babes proved me otherwise.

They're the perfect light wash denim which is ideal for summer, and the straight leg is such a comfortable fit. As the embroidered floral pattern is pastel and symmetrical, it isn't too OTT.






I kept the rest of the outfit light and simple with my trusty Topshop 'shacket' (best summer jacket ever), a white tee and pastel accessories. I treated myself to a new Michael Kors bag and I'm currently co-ordinating my outfits to it, haha! I'm loving these Mango sandals which are a great dupe for the ChloƩ ones, and my Quay Australia sunnies were a TK Maxx bargain!

I finished Uni about a month ago and have really been enjoying my time off. I have really mixed feelings about my first year of Uni (I study Fashion Journalism at the University of Sunderland) so I'm a bit nervous to see what next year holds. But for now it is over and done with until September, and I have some amazing plans ahead of me this summer!

Sunglasses - Quay Australia // Jacket - Topshop // T-Shirt - Asos // Bag - Michael Kors // Jeans - Topshop // Sandals - Mango //

Follow me on Twitter // Instagram // Bloglovin

You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. I love your jeans! I saw a similar pair to this in Topshop as well which I well in love with but they were nearly £60 I just don't have the money, I was so upset! Love how you styled them though xx

    http://thriftyvintagefashion.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! These were definitely a bit on the pricey side but that student discount helps me justify it haha! xxx

      Delete
  2. I love the jeans! I wasn't too sure about them either at first but I really like the pretty floral ones. Your shoes are gorgeous too! x

    Josie | Sick Chick Chic

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment!

Subscribe